We’ve finally reached the point in our major expansion and renovation project where everything is all construction all the time. The finish line is in sight, and we can’t wait to share it with everyone! In the meantime, this issue of Almanac was an opportunity for us to reflect on the construction at AAS, past and present, and to also say goodbye to an invaluable friend and member of our Council, Bill Reese, who championed the current project from the start.
In this issue you’ll find:
- A collage of photographs illustrating construction progress
- A feature highlighting the staff’s perspective on working in a construction zone
- A memorial to Bill Reese and his legacy at AAS
- A history of building additions to all three Antiquarian Halls
- An update on the Safeguarding the American Story Campaign
And of course the lineup for this fall’s public programs and introductions to our newest long-term fellows. We hope this issue will get you as excited for the Society’s next phase we are!