Ashtabula Telegraph. Record Book, 1849-1853.
The Ashtabula (OH) Telegraph was founded in 1846. The publisher was N. W. Thayer and the editor was W. E. Scarsdale. This ledger of nearly 300 pages covers the years 1849-1853 and details Thayer’s accounts with a large number of customers. Activities include subscriptions to and advertising in the Telegraph, job printing of cards and handbills, and printing materials imported by water from Buffalo. Purchased from Jean’s Book Service. Harry G. Stoddard Memorial Fund.